Rec Rentals @ the Docks
Canoe, kayak, paddle, pedal or SUP – make a splash at Rec Rentals this summer
Entering its 16th year, the Welland Boat Rental Program is now Rec Rentals @ the Docks. We honour our past by highlighting our former shipping canal while celebrating the future by bringing movement back to the water through recreation. Rec Rentals was relocated last year into the City centre, offering more room for gathering areas, picnics, and extending our inventory so many more can explore the canal. Join us and discover our relaxing waterfront activities.
2023 Rental Fees
All rentals include boat, lifejacket, and paddles if needed
- Single Kayak/Pedal Boat: $12.50/hour (additional 30 minutes $5.50)
- SUP/Canoe/Tandem Kayak: $18.70/hour (additional 30 minutes $9.50)
- Children (under 12): free (one boat, one hour per day)
- EconoPass: 15 visit pass/$93.00 (any boat, one hour/visit)
- Group Rental: $156.10/hourly
- Equipment Recovery Surcharge: $1.50
- Equipment is on a first come, first serve basis — no reservations will be accepted at any time.
- 905-735-1700 Ext. 4017
- 2023 Hours of Operation
Opening day is Saturday, May 20, 2023
May and June: Open Weekends 9 a.m. to 7 p.m.
July & August: Open Daily 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
September (Last day is September 17): Open Weekends 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Please note: Last rental will be sent out 1 hour before closing. No rentals will be able to leave the docks after this time
- Rotary Club of Welland Park, 129 Lincoln Street, Welland